Check for standby rate from $195 on Availability Calendar
AURORA BEACH COTTAGE
Long Point, Seymour via Bicheno. East Coast - Tasmania - Australia
Lonely Planet Guide's pick of Bicheno Accommodation
SELF CONTAINED SECLUDED
Ultimate Beach House - Beachside delight article: Hobart Mercury - pdf download 1.4mb
Magical, charming and
an absolute gem, are some of the comments guests have made after staying
this truly original beachfront cottage.
Situated at Long Point - Seymour; close to Douglas Apsley National Park, midway between
Freycinet National Park and the Bay of Fires, 18 kilometres north of
the seaside town of Bicheno.
retreat, set on eighteen acres
park like surounds, has a sunny northerly aspect.
Aurora is for your "soul" enjoyment, (no other guests).
Perfect for two or up to
The two level cottage features
stone and timber construction, a large timber
stonewall surrounds. Interior layout includes
separate kitchen, split level lounge with
wood heater, heaps of glass and
two sunrooms off the lounge/dining area.
A few steps lead up to the bathroom with plenty of light and plants.
The main bedroom
upstairs has a Queen size bed and a balcony with
panoramic beach, ocean and
coastal views. The alcove off the living room has a double bed.
There is an external laundry/WC with a second shower off the main veranda.
The clay tennis court is situated within the gardens and is well protected
from the sea breeze.
Step out on to the beach, walk for
miles, explore foreshore reserves,
marvel at the natural world and the
black swans on the nearby lagoon.
- Rates: Per night: Max. 4 people 2 nights minimum stay
Base rate: 1 or 2 people $ 230 3 people $ 310 4 people $ 375 - extra bed $ 25
Children 12 to 14 - $ 25.- per night. We are not able to accommodate children or babies under 12 years of age.
- Preferred method of payment is Electronic Fund Transfer: BSB: 012 110 Acc # 499 428 929 Acc Name: Aurora Beach Cottage
We also accept MasterCard and Visa
- Address: 31 Pedder Street, Seymour via
Bicheno TAS 7215
- Bookins: info@AuroraBeachCottage.com.au Massagebank (03) 6375 1774 International +61 3 6375 1774
- Bedroom information:
1st floor Bedroom: Queen bed, with balcony Alcove downstairs: Double bed
- Full kitchen facilities with complimentary tea and coffee provisions.
BBQ, TVs-VCR, DVD, CD/MP3 HiFi Stereo, Wood fire,
Library, Washing machine & dryer. Wi-Fi Internet access.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Check-in time is 2 pm (14:00) and check-out time is 10 am (10:00).
- CANCELLATION POLICY - We recommend travel insurance for unforeseen circumstances.
- Cancellation up to 28 days in advance of check-in date: No charge
- Cancellation less than 28 days in advance of check-in date: Full accommodation charge as booked, unless we are able
to resell your entire stay to another party.
- No show without any notification: Full accommodation charge as booked.
- Aurora is a "Land for Wildlife" property. We have a "No domestic animals" policy.
- Regretfully Aurora is not available for Weddings and Parties or Camping
- Travel time: Launceston Airport 2 hrs,
Hobart Airport 2.5 hrs, Devonport Ferry 3 hrs.
Directions from: Hobart Launceston - via Campbell Town Launceston - via Esk Hwy Devonport
Aurora is situated 18
km north of Bicheno and is due east from Seymour 2 km out to Long Point.
Directions Down-load: Hobart (PDF 0.45 MB) Launceston - via Campbell Town (PDF 0.37 MB)
Launceston - via Esk Hwy (PDF 0.37 MB) Devonport (PDF 0.6 MB)
Aurora Brochure Down-load in pdf: Brochure - Page 1 - Page 2
(To down-load right-click on the link above and choose "save" from the menu.)
- Transport and Car Hire Information
When Aurora is booked we recommend www.sandpipercottages.com.au .
8 acres (3 ha) private property, beach front, swimming, tennis, fishing,
and bush walking nearby at the
Douglas-Apsley National Park
Freycinet National Park.
Other tourism activities in Bicheno include,
Bicheno Dive Centre, East Coast Nature World,
Adventure Tours, Fishing and Eco Tours,
Le Frog Trike Rides.
Some of Tasmania's finest vineyards
Other attractions include:
Scenic Flights at Friendly Beaches and boat
trips out of Coles Bay, then enjoy some local fare in one of the many Restaurants in Bicheno.
Long Point from Douglas Apsley National Park - Aurora Beach view
South-eastern part of Long Point rock-hop.
Australian Accredited Tourism Business - Land For Wildlife Property
last updated 9-Aug-2013
© Aurora Beach Cottage - information correct at time of publishing and may change